The Arrow Leadership Program is a world-class Christian leadership development program that includes residential learning experiences, practical leadership training, 360 degree assessment feedback, a personalized leadership development plan, life-changing mentoring relationships, on-going academic education, and more.
Emerging Leader Program
This is a 2-year course designed to develop emerging Christian leaders. Arrow focuses on areas that make a positive difference to their leadership. This leadership training is designed for proven Christian leaders, 25 to 40 years old, who have been serving for a minimum of 3-5 years in Christian churches, ministries, or the not-for-profit arena.
The Emerging Leader Stream focuses primarily on personal, pastoral and ministry leadership and will help leaders to understand God’s unique calling for their life and ministry, cultivate a greater depth of character, and develop critical competencies for relevant, authentic leadership and evangelism.
A Journey in Community
The Emerging Leader Program of the Arrow Leadership is a 24 month journey in community over time with four five-day on-site residential learning experiences combined with monthly local mentoring, peer mentoring in a small group context, several on-line learning experiences with classmates and practical readings and assignments.
Arrow Leadership’s multi-level leadership development strategy is applied in the Emerging Leader stream of the Arrow Leadership Program to achieve the following learning outcomes: calling, character and competence.
- Discern God’s Vision For Your Life – Discern, sharpen, cultivate and implement God’s unique vision for your life and ministry.
- Identify Priorities and Establish a Sustainable Pace – Identify key life and ministry priorities, establish a clear action plan and sustainable pace to steward your impact.
- A Vibrant Ambassador – Re-ignite your heart passion for ‘normal’ people and re-focus on being a vibrant ambassador for Jesus in a wholistic life context that combines word and deed.
- Grow As A Global Christian – Be captured by God’s heart for the world and learn how to inspire momentum for mobilizing others for world mission involvement.
- Being A Follower First – Focus on Jesus’ powerful model for servant leadership.
- Caring For Your Soul – Establish practical approaches to caring for your own soul through a disciplined life of dependent communion with God and co-operation with the Holy Spirit in His ministry.
- Increase Self-Awareness – More deeply discover how God has uniquely wired you, how your strengths can be maximized and how to identify as well as manage growth areas.
- Identify and Break Free of Obstacles – Identify and address obstacles that are holding you back from your full potential.
- Guard Your Character – Recognize risk factors and develop prevention principles for ministry burnout or ethical/moral fallout.
- Strengthen Key Relationships – Formulate a biblical, realistic and practical perspective on healthy friendships, marriages and family priorities.
- Go Deep With Mentors – Cultivate a complete constellation of mentoring relationships for your personal development and multiplication in the lives of others.
- Grow A More Compassionate Heart – Model Christ’s heart of compassion for all of society with sensitivity, authenticity and practical action including social justice and racial reconciliation.
- Manage Yourself – Focus on practical leadership skills like time management, delegation, prioritization, and decision making.
- Skills to Navigate Conflict – Learn conflict style and how to respond to difficult people and situations redemptively.
- Be A Change Leader – Learn practical approaches to personally navigate change and lead healthy change in your team/organization.
- Grow The People Around You – Harness best practices and practical tools for developing, growing and investing in the lives and leadership of others.
- Best Practices for Self-Care – Ensure best practices for self-care – including stewardship of physical health.
- Confident and Creative Communications – Confidently and creatively communicate the gospel with simplicity, relevance and power.
- Effective Church Leadership – Establish a biblical approach to the Church’s critical Kingdom role in the midst of this season of significant change.